Monday, May 4, 2009

Day 20-21

Yesterday (day 20) was my rest day, and strangely, it wasn't a relief. I found myself wanting to get back out there and sweat up a storm, but I didn't because I know that if I don't rest I won't be able to progress any further. My body needs a breather as much as I may hate to give it one. I did wear five inch heels to church yesterday though and walked around all day in them, so maybe that can count as a little bit of exercise! Lord knows it takes work to be able to do that.

Speaking of breathers... this week is my recovery week in phase one. I did Yoga X today. Every time I repeat a workout week to week, I'm amazed at how much progress I've made just in being able to do every move/rep/set/whatever, at how I don't have to take as many breaks, and at how I have more stamina and energy throughout the workouts each week. But I especially notice my progress with Yoga X. I can't stress enough how important Yoga X is, let alone how challenging it can be. I have a decent yoga/dance/pilates background. Yoga is familiar ground for me. However, the first time I did Yoga X... I thought I was going to die. It was incredibly difficult and long! I was dripping and shaking by the end of it. But as the weeks have rolled on, the workout has become easier and easier. While I'm still dripping and shaking, I'm to the point where I have enough strength, cardiovascular endurance, and stamina to complete every pose to a T without having to come out of it or cheat. It's truly amazing what just three weeks can do.

Once again, and I know I say this a lot, I know I have a long way to go. I'm nowhere near done, but I'm so proud of how far I've come in just three weeks. I can't wait to see what I can do at Day 90!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment