Monday, June 1, 2009

Just a little side note...

I can't remember if I've shared this before, but I'm going to now! Here's a really simple recipe that I created for the best (and HEALTHY) smoothie in the entire world.

1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 to 1 cup frozen fruit (You can decide how "fruity" you want to get!)

Add all three ingredients in a blender, and BLEND! I like to put it on whip, myself. The smoothie will run you 4-5 points on Weight Watchers depending on how much frozen fruit you use. If you want it thicker, add more yogurt. My sister likes to use cottage cheese to thicken it, but I think it gives the smoothie a weird after taste. Just try different things out and see what works best for YOU! This smoothie is God-sent at breakfast time- much tastier, more filling, and much healthier than Cap'n Crunch Berries. (My favorite cereal.) I also replace the smoothie for ice cream. My family has ice cream after church every Sunday. The smoothie has as many points as 1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream, but you get at least double the amount of smoothie for the same amount of points as the ice cream. Plus, it's so much better for you! No guilt!

2 comments:

  1. I looooooove smoothies!! I have one almost every morning. Filling and good for you... can't go wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aboslutely not! they're the best!

    ReplyDelete