Sunday, July 19, 2009

Round 2- Days 1-5

Officially started round 2 of P90X, and loving every minute! This time around, I'm doing the classic version, which I love even more than the lean version. There's lots more strength training, plus, no core synergistics except for the recovery weeks! That's probably the best part. BUT great news! I did plyometrics for the first time since day 2 of round 1, and this time, I totally crushed it! I completed the entire thing, every single rep, to the max! It was amazing. I remember not even being able to finish it the first time I tried plyo. It's truly incredible- this really shows me how far I've come in the last 95 days. I just never thought that I would be the type of person who enjoyed these things, much less the type of person who would be capable of doing something like this! Plyo is a BEAST, it's true, and it's still really difficult, it still maxes me out, but it feels GOOD and I just want MORE!

I've moved up to 15 pounders- can't remember if I blogged that or not- and I think I'm going to have to buy some 20 pouders this week as well. Some exercises just aren't as challenging and I need to up my weight. It's so exciting! I've never been prouder. I finally feel in control of my body. I finally feel proud of my body. But it's more than just the physical strides- it's the mental ones, too. It was hard work to do this every day. It was hard work to push and push and push. It was hard work to keep myself motivated. But I did it! Despite everything, I did it. I highly recommend that others try it out- it's the best thing I've ever decided to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment